Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another awesome weekend!

I took the girls to Georgia this weekend for another USDAA trial and we had a blast! This time we had a very special appearance from our trainer, Ace!! He's only done AKC for the past 7 years but he finally came out to a USDAA trial with us.

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous about this trial. I knew that Ace was going to be there watching us and that we were going to be running in one of the largest 16" classes I've seen at a local trial - complete with dogs that have made it to the finals at Cynosports and AKC Nationals and are on the World Team. But we did really well!! Nari even managed to take a couple of 1st and my favorite was when we took 2nd in Grand Prix - 1st place was our friends Jean and Cheer who are on the IFCS World Team.

But what really made me happy this weekend was to see Nari starting to run like she does at home which means that I was finally starting to not worry about things so much. Nari and I are so much a like, we tend to stress out about things so it was great to see that we were relaxed. And my foot was starting to feel a little bit better. It was also awesome to see how well Starbuck is doing - she is such a fun girl to run. She's always out there having a great time and not worrying about anything. She did an awesome job running in P3 Snooker for the first time and even got a Q! And she took 1st place in round 1 of Steeplechase.

But I would have to say that one of the coolest things of the weekend was that I wasn't ready to run Starbuck in P2 Standard on Sunday morning so my instructor stepped in and ran her for me! He only had a minute to walk that course while they set the jump bars and I got Starbuck. They were awesome together - I just had such a great time watching them run. And after Starbuck took the very last jump she race as fast as she could out of the ring. I was terrified because we were at an outdoor trial and I had no idea where she was going - but that little girl just raced straight to me and jumped in my arms! It was just so cute :)

Here are some of the runs from this weekend - you can see Ace running Starbuck at the end of the video (and those two never practice together!).



I am just so lucky to have such an awesome trainer. He's always been so supportive of me and even cancelled some of his lessons on Sunday so that he could stay for the whole trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments - so please leave some :)