Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Exclusive video for blog readers!!

That's right - here's an exclusive video for all my blog readers out there! Here is a preview of the latest trick I'm working on with the girls:





The girls are learning how to skateboard! Just started working on this trick a couple of days ago. On the first session, it looked like it would take Starbuck the longest to pick up the trick but by the second day she decided it was more fun to jump off the couch and jump onto the skateboard. Nari and Alpha are doing quite well getting all 4 paws on the board and I've just started rolling it around slightly to build up their confidence. I have no idea how long it will take them to learn this trick but they are having lots of fun working on it! 


So... anyone have any suggestions on what our next trick should be? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun - Mom wishes she had the time to work on fun tricks like that. We can't wait to see more.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is going smashingly! Looks terrific. LOVE IT!!! We just did the Sylvia Trkman class and one of our assigments was the skateboard she wanted us to only c/t for two or three feet on the board so they learn to move the board with one/more back feet if you want them to keep moving the board. I love how comfortable the girls are with riding it, it is supposed to be fantastic teeter training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone :)

    Kathy - I saw this trick on kikopup's youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpLv6T8caXU

    I was contemplating clicking first for the 2 or 3 feet on the board. But the girls already know a trick where they put their front paws on an object and then rotate around it. So they started to default to that (they rotated around the skateboard while keeping front paws on it) instead of aligning themselves with the skateboard. Hopefully I'll be able to teach the kick-off after they get comfortable with the skateboard motion - will see :) And I am so jealous you are taking the Silvia Trkman classes! They look awesome! I'm asking for her videos for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - so please leave some :)