Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hooray for Tell Me Thursday! 2012 Edition, #1

It's the first Thursday of the new year and Tell Me Thursday is back! Brought to you by Laura over at Crooks and Crazies. 







The questions for this week are: 
1. What is your favorite new toy? I know you have one, so you might as well go on and fess up. 
I loved everything, but I think it would have to be the citrine necklace my Dad gave me. We didn't have that much money when I was growing up (4 of us kids shared a bedroom that was 9x11 feet, I'm really surprised we didn't kill each other). When my Dad gave me the necklace, he said that he had always wanted to give me a birthstone necklace. You could just see how happy he was that he was finally able to give one to me. I love it! 


2. If you're going to be caught under the mistletoe, who would you LEAST like to be with?
Hmmm... Starbuck, right after she ate that rotten crayfish out in the agility yard... YUCK!
But I'd give her a kiss on any other occasion - she's so cute! 


3. New Year's Resolutions - for your dogs - share! 
I don't really do New Year's resolutions. But after Nari and I got injured this past fall, I just decided we're just going to have fun. Who knows when each of our last runs will be, so we're just going to go out there and run fast and run happy. I'm just going to let them be who they are and have fun with it. They love conditioning and doing tricks so we're just going to be doing more of that. And they love to trial so we're just going to have fun with it and not worry about the outcomes but celebrate the journey.   
There they are, all napping after Thanksgiving dinner. Awwww!!! 


4. New Year's Resolutions - for yourself - share! 
I took my dogs to the vet before Christmas and the vet said they all looked happier. She said she thought it was because they had been doing more conditioning and we've been feeding them better food (we make most of their food now). So I thought if my dogs were happier because of the extra exercise and better diet then I should get off my lazy butt and join them. Since I'm still waiting for my stupid foot to heel (plantar fasciitis and stress fracture in my heel) I've been doing more weight lifting - which is totally boring but it's all I can really do. And I've been going on the Jacob's Ladder for a couple of minutes. That thing is EVIL - it's this never ending ladder and you feel like dying after 2 minutes on it. I also decided to go on an anti-inflammatory diet since I hurt my foot. So far it's been going great, mostly eat fish, chicken, veggies and fruits and I'm cutting out grains, bread, desserts and so far I don't really miss them. And I have more energy!
Not sure my husband is that excited about me having more energy, I kind of drive him crazy. 


5. How did you handle the holiday food situation? 
I find that if you eat veggies, fruit and protein rich foods first then you fill up and don't overload too much on desserts. I didn't deny myself any of the tasty holiday food, just ate a little less of it. But my Mom made scalede (it's an Italian cookie which I have no idea how to spell) and I ate a ton of it! It's pretty much fried cookies coated in honey and the most delicious thing in the world! 

1 comment:

  1. zOMG, now I want a cookie! Thanks a lot. lol!

    So nice to "see" you in the New Year! Back in my running days I had a horrid case of PF going on. It sucked BIGTIME. I'm so sorry - hope it heals soon for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - so please leave some :)