Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The sisters take on another trial!

This time the whole family - including the husband! - went to an agility trial in North Carolina this weekend. The weather was really cold and rainy outside so I was super happy that it was an indoor trial. It was put on by the Carolina Piedmont Agility peeps and they always put on amazing trials. They find the best locations, have the best footing and have really excellent equipment. 


The goal for the whole weekend was just to have fun and we did! After my agility trainer took a look at my videos from Cynosports he asked me why I was running Nari so slow and not like I do in practice. I had no idea what he was talking about so he set up the course for the Grand Prix finals from Cynosports this year and had me run it with Nari:





When I saw the video I could totally tell the difference between how I was running at trials and at practice. So I've been trying to not over handle and make sure that Nari has fun. And we had a blast this weekend! Starbuck had some crazy runs - including one where a dog ran in the ring during her run so she decided to chase it, the only reason the chase ended was because someone bent down to try to stop her so Starbuck started to make out with them. Crazy girl! 


The highlight was that Nari was getting faster times and both of the sisters got Steeplechase Qs!! Here are their Steeplechase runs including Starbuck's 'fabulous' finals run:





The girls each picked up a title as well. Starbuck got her Advance Performance Jumpers and Nari got her Tournament Master - SILVER title! 



2 comments:

  1. Great fun for all - we are amazed at how fast they all are!!! Congrats on all the wins too:)

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the video and check out that blind cross action, you have a really cool style of running your dogs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - so please leave some :)